Featured

In Common Comes Back! New Editor, New Content, and More!

Hello CUNYverse!

I am pleased to announce that In Common will be making a glorious return this coming semester! In the past, In Common has been a platform for members of the CUNY Academic Commons community to share the amazing ways in which they utilize our open educational resource around the many City University of New York campuses. Past editors of In Common have highlighted different practices in the forms of writing, teaching, researching, and many other strategies conducted by scholars all throughout CUNY!

In the past couple years, the CUNY Academic Commons has increased in user population by over 60%! This was majorly a result of introducing the ability to teach undergraduate courses on the Commons, which was not a possibility before. This also led to the number of site’s hosted on the Commons to increase by a whopping 3x and group numbers to increase by 50%.

With these positive changes in mind, In Common has created a new category dedicated to Courses & OER initiatives around the university system! Moving forward, I am going to reach out to various members of the CUNY community to learn about how they are uniquely utilizing the Commons to teach their different subjects as well as highlight the innovative ways people are using the platform to progress their students’ learning. I am also planning on highlighting the various digital tools and databases being hosted on the Commons.

Who am “I”? My name is Anthony Wheeler, and I am a graduate student of Digital Humanities at the Graduate Center! I joined the CUNY community when I started at the GC in Fall 2018, and I am continuously amazed by the opportunities and connections CUNY has to offer their own. I joined the CUNY Academic Commons Team back at the end of the Spring 2019 semester, and I am incredibly eager to get the ball rolling with this site/blog space this fall! I hope to facilitate conversations between scholars who may not have conversed otherwise!

Are you teaching using the Commons? Using the Commons for research or OER? Reach out and let me know! I would love to talk to/lend the spotlight to as many people as possible.

Here is my email: awheeler@gradcenter.cuny.edu

Best,

Anthony