Editor's Picks

InCommon this week – Digital Archives, Personal Sites, and some real talk

Welcome fellow Commoners,

This week, some of the most common ways people make use of the Commons is on display in some beautiful new sites that were created this week.

The Ladies’ Garment Worker Speaks Volumes – This website will chronicle one student’s read through the eight year run of the Ladies Garment Worker’s Union publication (1910-1918). It looks interesting, both a way to document a reading project and a way to highlight for others some of the best finds.

Heather Robinson – Lots of folks use the Commons to create personal or professional pages. This simple and elegant one shows how easy it easy to start crafting your digital presence.

Bree’s American Musical Theater – Another project-in-the-making, this one chronicling Bree’s thinking on the relevance of American musical theater to current issues and debates. She promises provocative discussion on some of the most famous works, including West Side Story, RENT, and the Disney behemoths.

The site that I’m not 100% sure what to do with yet because everything in college is so vague – I couldn’t leave this off. As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, there’s a definite internet snark that ensures we don’t get too full of ourselves.

Until next week, enjoy the Commons!

Best,
Paul